Charred Spicy Garlic Ginger Edamame
Grandma Rating: 5 out of 5 Werther's
1 lb edamame in the pod & thawed
- Preheat a wok over medium-high heat for several minutes until hot
- In a small bowl toss the edamame in 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pick edamame out of the bowl with your hands or thongs and put in wok. DO NOT DUMP BOWL IN THE WOK.
- Cook the edamame 4 to 5 minutes, stirring about every minute or so until the beans are blackened in spots.
- Remove edamame from pan and set aside.
- Using the same wok used to char the edamame, add 1 tbsp olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, but before they brown, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and then stir in the soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, and chili sauce.
- Add charred edamame to the wok. Stir to cover edamame with sauce.