Spicy Roasted Asian Green Beans
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss beans with half of the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread in an even layer on the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together garlic, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger, and remaining sesame oil.
- Remove beans from the oven and drizzle sauce over beans. Toss to coat. Return to oven and bake 8-12 minutes more, or until beans are tender and slightly charred. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.